4 Habits Where You Are Just Draining Resources on SEO (Part 1)
Just because SEO is different from PPC advertising, it does not mean that you do not need to allot an ample time and money. The results take time and you would definitely need amount of patience.
SEO has its fair share of challenges, disadvantages, and costs that could sneak up on you, and before you know it, things have piled up. It could lead to serious problems in the long run.
Before you waste your precious time and resources on SEO strategies, here’s a list of practices where you can unintentionally waste resources. Better avoid these 4 scenarios mentioned below.
When you do NOT have clear goals.
- Like in any business setting, you first need to establish your goals. Without definite goals, you could be throwing away valuable resources out the window.
- The thing is you need to know your goals so that you can focus on the right metrics that work hand in hand with the goals you want to achieve.
- There is no one excellent performance metric. It’s really a matter of preference. Ultimately, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve. So, clearly explain to your clients how SEO performance is measured especially when money is involved.
Related: SEO Strategies to Use Right Now
When you are using the WRONG tools.
- Speaking performance metrics, you can choose from the hundreds of SEO tools available online. Some are free, and some are not. It does not mean that this “highly-rated” tool would also do wonders for your business.
- These tools are not designed to fit everyone. In fact, some tools cater to specific customers and businesses. You could be wasting money on a SEO tool that does not fit your current need.
Related: Free Keyword Research Tools You Need
When you did NOT assign the specific roles.
- Team collaboration is not something you are certain that it would go smoothly. We are all different and we would like to voice out these various ideas in our heads. Even if you would bring highly skilled individuals into one team, challenges would still occur.
- That’s why clearly defining each person’s designation is a must. Without clear guidelines, money and time could be wasted. Let’s say, you assigned the SEO strategy to the wrong team, you just spent money on something pointless.
- Thus, it is important to know who is assigned to the specific tasks so that you can easily track down who is liable if problems occur. Good for you if the task only takes 1 person to undo the damage. What if it needs a whole team?
Related: Team Collaboration Tools
When you do NOT have a concrete plan.
- You don’t go to battle without a plan. You can’t progress for the better if you don’t think through your business strategy.
- You need to move with haste, but being too hasty is not a good idea. It will always backfire. If you find yourself always scurrying, then, you are in a pretty bad situation because that would simply mean you don’t have a concrete plan.
- Knowing your business first. It’s a pain to see people not being able to figure how their business works. Take time to clearly establish the plans and strategies.
NEXT? 4 Habits Where You Are Just Draining Resources on SEO (Part 2)