https://www.phoenixwebsitedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Phoenix-Website-Design-logo.jpg 0 0 Carmel https://www.phoenixwebsitedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Phoenix-Website-Design-logo.jpg Carmel2019-05-29 02:35:562019-05-29 02:35:563 Free FTP Servers
3 Free FTP Servers
So, the last time, I talked about FTP clients, and I listed 3 FREE apps here. For this blog post, I will focus on the FTP servers. As you know, an FTP server is where an FTP client will connect when transferring files using the File Transfer Protocol.
Like the FTP clients, the FTP servers that I will feature now will be absolutely free. I know there a lot of paid options, but I won’t discuss that. I will just show you what’s available for free so you won’t have to spend anything.
- Let’s start with FileZilla Server. The FileZilla Server’s latest version can support both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It can manage a local server and a remote server too.
- You can set specific logins, connection durations, and other transfer settings. You can even specify how many users can connect at once, the number of CPU threads each server can use, and so on.
- As for security, you have the ability to lock an FTP server. Once locked, there will be no new connections created until you have successfully unlocked it. You can also provide users with administrator privileges such as the power to read and write.
- Windows can also enjoy other features like: controlling the bandwidth and banning selected IP addresses after many failed attempts. Additionally, you can stop certain IP addresses from gaining access to the FTP server.
Xlight FTP Server
- You can choose from 3 editions: personal, standard, and professional. The FREE version is the personal edition. You are given a 30-day trial period for the other editions. If you want to know the exact difference of the 3 editions, you may click this Xlight FAQ page.
- Like I said, the Xlight is FREE for personal use only. True to its name, Xlight FTP server is a light yet powerful application. It consumes less memory and CPU usage compared to other FTP programs.
- It was created to handle multiple FTP connections all at once. Xlight is able to run on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 10 computers. With its modern look, creating a virtual server is pretty easy. You can easily modify security details of your server, control the bandwidth usage, specify how many users can access, and so on.
- If certain users remain idle for some time, they are automatically removed from the server. Xlight FTP server also offers a portable version. This means that it has a standalone version, and you don’t need to install it to a computer. Instead, you can carry it around using a thumb drive.
- The CompleteFTP Free Edition is free forever as stated on its website. Well, you can upgrade if you want to. The free version is already packed with essential features such as easy to use and manage virtual servers. It supports FTP and FTPS protocols.
- Once you download, you get the trial version. All you need to do is switch to the free edition via the Licensing tab. Just follow the dialog boxes and message prompts to successfully shift to the free version.