People think good search rankings can be achieved in a snap, and they set very unrealistic SEO expectations.
Before you head on and think of the millions things SEO can do for your business, let us first discuss the SEO expectations.
What’s the REAL Deal?
- SEO has only 3 letters yet plenty of people misinterpret and misuse it.
- There’s a need for businesses to show up in various search engines. SEO has no specific rules, but there are factors that affect your website rankings. In today’s world, SEO is a must for every business to succeed online.
- Content. What is the use of a beautiful website if the content is not useful to people? High-quality content is what you need.
- Links. How many websites mention your business? Do they provide a link for your website?
- Keywords. Are you using relevant keywords in your content, title, and descriptions?
Related: SEO On-site Factors
Okay, these are just a few of the basic factors to consider. When a user searches a term online, the goal is for your website to show up once this term is being typed on a search engine like Google.
Knowing the benefits and limitations.
It helps to know what SEO can do and what it can’t do. Most businesses need to know how things work. SEO is NOT something you can magically start, and then, it appears right in front of you.
The Results Will Take Time to Show Up.
- One of the major setbacks is that SEO is not like an instant noodle that you can readily enjoy after 5 minutes of preparing. Please do not expect noticeable results to be visible right away.
- You need a lot of time and patience to see tangible results from the sleepless nights and the intense research. Advertising your content and website will take time. It may take days, weeks, or even months.
The ROI Will Also Take Time.
- If visible results need time, then, revenues will also take a long time. So, if you need a considerable amount of money in a short period of time, this is NOT for you. SEO may not be an advantageous approach for businesses that just started.
SEO Is NOT Guaranteed.
- Let’s face it. We all want to be on top. Being number 1 is the goal. We all want our websites to land of the first page of the SERPs. However, there is no guarantee that your website will be one of the top results.
SEO is NOT set in stone.
- Google’s algorithms constantly changes. No one can really say this is an important factor. The rules are always changing. You always need to read and research on the newest SEO updates.
- We can only guess on what the significant SEO factors are. Only Google knows the exact answers.
Despite the drawbacks, people choose SEO because it can be anyone’s game. It is fun to know that no one really knows what will happen next. Plus, SEO is totally free. If the odds are in your favor, you get a heavy influx of web traffic without even spending a dime.