If someone hasn’t applied SEO yet, it is easy to call it as a “scheme” to make money! As someone who has been part of the SEO industry for quite some time now, I find these accusations untrue. Despite the efforts to refute the claims, there’s still a huge number of businesses not applying of SEO.
Once and for all, let’s clear the air. This article is written for those who are new or unfamiliar to SEO. May you find this piece helpful in alleviating your lingering worries and questions.
1. The Return on Investment (ROI)
- The main concern of most beginners is the ROI of SEO. Increasing effort to boost your business’ online visibility is an advantage in today’s evolving digital world. However, it’s not easy. Obviously, SEO takes a lot of your precious time.
- You will spend immense time and effort in strengthening your SEO strategies, but nothing is certain. At the end of the day, there is NO guarantee that your efforts will flourish the way you expect it to be.
- The additional web traffic might not be as high as expected. Plus, you need to find ways on how your “convert” your web visitors to actual customers? If the conversion rate is not high, then, all the efforts will be useless because no one is buying your products.
- Yes, you have a right to be worried, but please know that SEO is not definite. You can tweak it to your preference. Also, it is a strategy that is meant for long-term use. So, if you expect ROI is quick, nope, it’s definitely not. You have to extremely patient to see positive results.
2. The time investment
- As I previously stated, SEO will suck up your time. Noticeable results won’t appear in the first few weeks.
- Trust me, you will spend hours enhancing your website, and you need to hire an SEO company to do the work for you. If your business is just starting, you won’t have that many employees to help you with other concerns like marketing, sales, technical support and so on.
- More than anything else, learning SEO is an investment of your precious time. No joke, you will need to invest a lot of time.
- My advice to you: there’s a lot to learn, but don’t get overwhelmed. Begin with something small. For staters, you can read: Easy SEO Techniques That Promise Great Results (Part 1).
3. The Technical SEO
- If you are doubtful with SEO, it’s probably because you no technical experience. If you have, you were not exposed with the details on developing a site or programming its source code. Yes, all these technicalities will frighten you.
- To be honest, there’s no need to be alarmed. Technical SEO is not so technical if you take time to learn and understand the different types of SEO!
Related: SEO Guide for Small Businesses
Need more? There’s more listed on PART 2!