You might say that email marketing is outdated and websites should focus on social media. As a matter of fact, email marketing remains to be a powerful strategy in the world of ecommerce. Every website you visit asks if you wish to be included in the mailing list. Every time you sign up, the first thing websites usually ask for is a working email address.
After sending an email, you can keep track on how many people visited your website. It’s uncomplicated because you would know right away what strategies work for your website. If there are not many clicks, you can always change the content of your emails until you find the most suitable. Emails are also a great way to entice existing subscribers back to your website. A lot of these websites provide an “unsubscribe” button for all their subscribers to solely focus on interested customers.
Back in 2006, email was considered the “popular app” — everyone has one and it’s basically the reason why it is the perfect way to build your army of potential customers, and to market your products and services the way you want. Email marketing is still strong and effective even today. The results do not lie.
- Whenever you spend a dollar on email marketing, you earn $44 in return. Email marketing converts subscribers to buyers 40 times better than social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Why is it? More than 50% of the people surveyed indicated that the moment they wake up, they immediately check their email messages through their mobile phones.
What makes email content work?
The main reason why it works because YOU have control over it. Whether you want it to contain images, texts, videos, you can edit it to your own preference. Moreover, you have the complete attention of your subscribers. It’s just you and them. When they open your email, they can focus only on your content.
- Just don’t waste your customers’ time by sending annoying emails. Those will be immediately considered as spam and they won’t be able convince anyone.
- Instead, value their time and do not talk too much. Get straight to the point and show the important messages right away. If there’s a sitewide sale, make a banner indicating a 50% off and include the promo period. No need to add unnecessary information. They will have to go to the website to know more.
How to create that perfect email?
An email will only be opened if the subject line is catchy, the content has a distinctive voice and not some generic sounding one. You have to be particular on the quality of the content provided. It needs to be topnotch and it should cater to the needs of your audience.
- This is a way of keeping your potential clients informed about your latest products and services. The newsletter can include images of your latest offering and information about the price. Another way to entice customers is to feature a special pre-order price or a discount coupon exclusive only to all your email subscribers.
- You can also ask your email subscribers for their feedback. It could be a pivotal moment for your website once you listen to their opinion. They will surely help you in testing a new product or service. It would mean so much to your email subscribers that you are willing to work with them.
Email is your direct line to your customers. Do not just ignore it or spam them with information. It will definitely help you maximize your website’s capabilities. If you need help on what to include in your emails, just follow this link.