When there are trillions of websites vying for the attention of the users, it’s nearly impossible to stand out. Luckily, there are also billions of searches every single day. In fact, 15% of the online searches are considered new searches, meaning no one searched for it before.
With that being said, the finale post will about:
- ranking for longer keywords,
- having the appropriate page title and meta descriptions,
- advertising your website on social media, and
- auditing your website.
6. Go for long-tail keywords
- Often times, people choose to rank for shorter words. Yes, many users will search for those terms, but you have competition. Other websites will go for the shorter terms too!
- So, try ranking for longer keywords. Did you know 75% of Google searches are about long-tail keywords? That’s a lot of potential! This way, you will have less competition because they are pretty uncommon.
- Going for the short keywords may be easier, but competition is high for these keywords. If you choose short keywords, you won’t get your fair share of traffic.
Add the right the page titles and meta descriptions
- Yes, content is important. However, don’t forget to edit your on-page SEO elements. Check the following if you have used the proper words:
- Page title
- Meta Description
- Headline or heading
- If you want to know the other important on-page SEO elements, please refer to A List of Important On-Page SEO Elements.
- Remember, adding the keywords too many times could be bad for you. Find the right balance of inserting the appropriate amount of keywords.
Advertise your website
- One obvious way to promote your website is through social media. This is the place where other people and businesses are.
- So, take advantage of social media and enhance the visibility of your website by sharing your links on the different social media sites.
- When another person shares a link to your website, this is a positive sign. This means other people found your content trustworthy and reliable. Hence, Google will also trust your website.
- Just an important side note: social signals do NOT directly influence rankings. However, Google will see it a confirmation of your worth. For more information, read Using Social Media in Increasing Brand Awareness.
- Aside from that, don’t broadcast anything you want because there are things you can’t do on social media. Read: 4 Things You Should NOT Do on Social Media.
Do an audit of your website
- Lastly, check your stats. All the updates on your website will be useless if you don’t monitor the changes. Since your website optimization efforts, were their any noticeable changes?
- To know the exact numbers, check your Google Analytics account. From time to time, download and study the reports.
- Sit down and make a plan. This blog post will help you to fully know the scope of SEO strategies. If you need to know the metrics to closely monitor, I have listed it here.