Previously, I discussed the importance of hierarchy for web crawlers and web visitors. Having an apparent structure helps Google understand your website better. Of course, another benefit would be for humans to effortlessly browse your website, allowing them to purchase items quickly, to read new content easily, and more.
Here are other SEO tips you might find useful for your growing digital business:
SEO is not totally hard to understand. One main factor would be: CONTENT. Whether your business has a global scope or an SME, creating useful content is crucial to your online success.
Content is part of the top SEO trends to follow. For sure, it will be still be relevant in the coming years. What do you need to know about content? Here’s a brief summary:
- Google values the quality of a content more than anything else. Its algorithms are program to find relevant content, and those content that people are search for.
- Make sure that your content coincides with the search terms that people are typing on the different search engines.
- Enhance your page title, meta descriptions, and headlines. The relevant keywords should be prominent on these specific areas.
- Yes, you should optimize your site for Google to easily recognize it. However, at the end of the day, your articles and blogs should appeal to your readers.
- So, avoid keyword abuse. You don’t have to repeat a certain keyword just to achieve a higher website ranking.
- Lastly, do not limit yourself with mere words. Content could also mean images, videos, audios, and other multimedia formats. Mix and match different content types to attract more visitors to your website.
Remember, the type of content you will publish depends on what type of audience you are interested in. It’s important to test different content types, and monitor which ones get more clicks & interactions from your audience.
Link ‘em up!
Links could mean internal or external links. You don’t get external links easily as you have to wait for other sites to mention you and provide the necessary links to your site.
However, for starters, you can begin structuring your internal links. When you link related content together, you strengthen the website structure because related pages are grouped together. Avoid creating orphaned content, a type of content that is discontented from your other published content.
Once an orphaned content is out there, it is hard for Google to find its purpose and relevance since it is not linked to anything. Thus, Google will most likely classify it as unimportant and give it a lower page rank.
To put it simply, internal linking achieves 2 things: a) It aids the web crawlers in classifying your content and giving it the proper ranking it deserves. b) It helps your web visitors in navigation. People won’t have to search for other articles because related blog posts are indicated within the page itself.
Don’t forget to delete.
We always think of ways to add something to the website. We forgot an essential task and that is to delete. Not everything we add is relevant in the long run.
If you find something that is not useful anymore, do not hesitate to delete it. Removing unnecessary things is not only helping pruning essential content. Also, it greatly helps in improving website speed.
Because you have cleared the things that take so much space, the website is easier to navigate and it is faster than ever before.