Remember to acknowledge the reviews.
Whether the reviews are positive or negative, these are proof that your business is indeed legitimate. This really helps building a strong foundation. So, don’t worry if you are getting mixed reviews, you can’t please everyone. At the end of the day, all the positive reviews will boost your reputation and reliability. Be thankful to each customer and acknowledge their efforts.
Take time to respond to the reviews and assure your customers that you are reading all the comments and suggestions. You should acknowledge every review you receive because responding to product reviews has positive effects.
According to HBR.org, the researchers found out that responding to product reviews boost the overall star ratings of any online business. So, the next time you receive a review, be more appreciative and don’t just neglect it. Thank your customers for writing a detailed review, and encourage more people to leave comments.
- Positive reviews
Positive reviews are the basis of your reputation. Without it, your business would not be considered reliable. So, appreciate someone’s effort when he/she left a positive review. At the end of the day, you would want more positive reviews on your belt.
- Negative reviews
Of course, you can’t make everyone happy. When someone writes a negative review, don’t feel bad. Remember, a negative review is an opportunity to make your customers happy. Don’t screw up; you just need to:
- Apologize and don’t skip this skip.
- Remember, being defensive will just make matters worse.
- Instead, be polite and don’t make a scene.
- Send a private message to connect with the customer. Ask for the specific details and let your customers send an email to explain their side.
If you are at fault, don’t hesitate and apologize immediately. Use this negative shopping experience to improve your services. Take note of the suggestions given.
When everyone sees that you are resolving issues, this will encourage the happy customers to help you. Thus, they will leave a positive Google review.
Inform your customers on the importance of writing a review.
- Usually, customers think that when they are done paying, that’s it the end of their purchase journey. No, let them know the significance of their reviews.
- Customers might ask, “Why should I leave a review? I’m done paying for the goods.” Remind them that reviews are still for the customers. You are doing this to serve your customers better.
- In a way, you are trying your best to improve your service. Lastly, explain in detail how you are going to use the products reviews you got. You can say something like “reviews will be the guide to make better products” or “create better user experience.” Surely, customers will take action because they know the purpose.
- So, try to be convincing when asking for reviews. Choose the right words to explain your point. Sometimes, all the customers need is a little nudge. Motivate the customers that the reviews will be for them. At the end of the day, they will benefit because they left a meaningful review.
Offer a token as a sign of gratitude.
- As a way of saying thank you, you can gift a small token for writing a review. This gift does not need to be extravagant. You can offer a discount voucher and a free item on their next purchase.
- Remember, this is not done to bribe them; it just a thank you for taking their time to leave a review. Whether they feel like writing a good (or bad) review, it’s up to them. Still, the token applies to all customers!
In the end, your goal is make your customers happy. If you want to read part 1, click here to proceed to The Different Ways to Get More Reviews on Google (Part 1).