Video in landing page is not just an option; it is a must! That’s what we learned in part 1. So, if you missed it, you can catch up on the tips right now. This post will still be about landing pages, and I will continue sharing ways in order to help you increase landing page conversions.
Keep it Sweet and Short! The time span of a child is short so does adults when it comes to watching a video. You just got to deliver your message and keep them watching in the next 10 seconds for them to watch your 1 minute video. Surely, if you don’t catch their attention they will quickly click-away and that is the end of you.
So what happens if you need to do a 60-seconder video? Well, keep it engaging and worth watching. What you want to say should show in your thumbnail. So what makes a good one? Here are some examples:
- An image that mirrors the content.
- One that shows feelings.
- Simple but great content.
- The lead character’s close-up.
- Consistency in your style.
Placing your logo in the video. That way, if you are most likely to be changing it now and then can create the consistency. Thumbnails can have 15% your click-through rate or CTR. So, work on it.
Production Shows Best in Quality. It just have to be the best of the best! Good script and good equipment. If you can’t afford to hire a professional but you need to be doing videos, invest on the best equipment you need. Basically, you need a camera that is steady, a good microphone, box lights, and a high quality editing software.
Video Optimization for SEO. We want to be rank in the page of Google, sure, but how? You can use again your video content in the landing page then add to YouTube and optimize for SEO. After all, a video will end up on Google’s page compared to a blog post. Its potent result became such that SEO is growing along with it. But do not overlook the following tips:
- Just one video in a page, tag and categorize and the explorer panel will enable display of content related to the tag or category.
- Utilize optimized metadata which appears on SERP when a site has any inquiry.
- Do a thorough transcription of your video and put it in your HTML in your landing page so as to improve the keyword search.
- Host the video in your domain.
- Try the possibility of embedding your videos to others as sharing could boost your brand.
- Observe all your videos. Keep the good ones and get rid of those that do not perform.
Compress for a Shorter Load Time. This will make sure that you can load within two seconds for people to stay. If you do not compress your file, then the loading time will be longer which will make your prospects leave. Use apps like VLC Media Player or Handbrake. It can compress your file without affecting the quality of your video. If you want to check, go to Google’s free speed test.