It’s 2019 and we need to know what is in store for the SEO professionals. Time to review your game plan and scheme to make sure you are on top of the SERPs and earn more compared to last year. So, what works and what does not? Here are some trends you need to know:
Know your User’s Objectives and Understand Your Audience.
- What do you know about your audience? What do they like? Is it images, audio, video, or text? You’ve got to know that because when your audience needs to know something, they expect to get the answer in the simplest manner. Add this to the fact that your audience could change just like that. The thing is, no matter how great your work is, if you are talking to the wrong audience, it is not going to work. Remember, it is not about you, it is all about them!
- This year, content specialist and SEOs should also look at the user’s objective on the keywords that they select when they write the content. Google has likewise shifted in the keyword intent which is a vital concept when talking about keyword research. You have to focus in meeting the user’s need and match them to your content including videos and landing pages to get the best result.
- Think, do you want to take the risk and try to rank using a wide term or use terms that will help every level of the funnel and keep your audience closer in taking action? You just have to reconsider on the kind of keyword research you used in the past. Are they effective? If not, change.
- This time, do not match the keyword phrases and make sure that you answer the questions of the users when they search. It is important that you also go to SERPs to know your ranking in your targeted phrase. If not, move on, think of another phrase and do it quickly.
- Now, go further, think of the answers to any follow-up questions that may be asked after you have answered the first one. You’ve got to think in advance.
Do not just Rely on Google Search.
- Can anyone beat Google’s search supremacy? Why not?
- 2019 could be the year that we should include other search engines and not just optimizing for Google. The use of SEO is to show the result of what people are looking for and not just having the blue link. This means you should know how to drive engagement and traffic than just websites.
- You need to rank everywhere. Make sure to rank in app stores. Now, to rank high when people search for videos or podcast you’ve got to be where people search for them. Powerful brands are multi-faceted. They don’t just rank in websites. Top SEOs should do the same.
- A digital strategist and SEO consultant reiterated that this year, optimizing for devices is a good idea. Eventually, everything needs a great content in the best and fastest platforms you can find to meet the needs of your user regardless of where they are. And since, search experience is the concern here, you just got to give a good search experience no matter if it is app-based or web-based, it still has to be systematic and could answer the user’s needs with your site’s offerings.