https://www.phoenixwebsitedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Phoenix-Website-Design-logo.jpg 0 0 Carmel https://www.phoenixwebsitedesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Phoenix-Website-Design-logo.jpg Carmel2018-12-07 02:45:142018-12-07 02:50:423 Web Design Tips from Amazon (Part 2)
3 Web Design Tips from Amazon (Part 2)
I’m back with another post regarding Amazon’s persuasive ability to get people to buy from them. For the second part, I will list down other web design tips you can learn from Amazon. Previously, I’ve discussed Amazon’s emphasis on choosing colors, creating demand, and grouping items together. Now, here are 3 more tips for you.
Tip #1: Select a suitable product photo.
- This tip may be common, but if you apply it correctly, the effect on your online business can be massive. If you shop for ASUS ROG Zephyrus M on Amazon, not all laptops are from Amazon. Other online retailers like Computer Upgrade King, and EXCaliberPC sell the same gaming laptop.
- The laptops mentioned above are from different sellers, but all of them used very similar images. People don’t seem to mind whether they’ll buy from Amazon or choose another retailer because the perceived Amazon quality is still there.
- Just be sure to choose crisp and sharp images because customers will not buying something without seeing a preview of it. Choosing the right images can trigger a potential customer to take action.
- Make sure that the chosen images are appealing and it will subtly suggest to “hey click me!” Ultimately, the key here is to use an image that connects with your target audience. If deemed necessary, capture the images on your own because the shabby photos online may not work.
- Instead, you create the quintessential photo that genuinely represents your product. You have to remember that emotions come first. People always act on their emotions. So, this is where your pictures come in. It should be able to entice people first, and then, you can justify with intricate product descriptions later.
Tip #2: Add a rating system
- The star rating system that Amazon is effective in persuading people to try the products available. So, as a seller, you don’t have to convince customers to buy a product. The 5-star rating will do it for you. You instantly gain their trust without doing much.
- Amazon clearly focused on building relationships and trust among its audience. Behavioral psychologist agree to this strategy because, of course, customers will only buy from people they trust. Besides that, customers trust reviews more than what the retailers tell them.
- When buying a product on Amazon, you would choose the one with having positive ratings. Naturally, instinct will tell you to closely follow the product with more than a 1000 positive reviews.
- As a customer, the overwhelming positive reviews will make you want to buy more. You feel like you are getting your money’s worth. What we can get learn from this strategy? It’s more effective if you let others do the talking. Don’t carry your own chair. Instead, let the positive reviews carry you and tell the world of your greatness.
Tip #3: Free shipping is hard to resist.
- The ideal scenario is go to Amazon, buy what you need, and then, log out. However, that is not the case. We all know that we always end up browsing for more items. Trying our luck, perhaps, we will stumble upon a good deal. And Amazon knows that!
- The daily deals are there for a reason. Amazon knows that you will stick around and browse for more items, which is why they added the “Free shipping” offer.
- If you order over $25, FREE Shipping will be one of your options once you checkout. Amazon does this for all the items with a “FREE Shipping” tag. So, this would mean that you will tempted to add more items to your cart just to take advantage of this FREE deal. Without a doubt, adding FREE shipping feature on your website will help you gain more customers.
- Clearly, people can’t resist when they see the word FREE. Whatever you are selling, as long as you provide a FREE sample, FREE trial, or FREE sneak peek, people can’t seem to say no. Out of all the free offers, Business Insider stated that free shipping remains to be on the top spot.